Monday, May 2, 2011

This Week's Links

Given the fullness of this past weekend, I believed it was probably time for some links.  It's hard to remember a weekend as full of "news" as this past one.  There was a Royal Wedding, the worst Tornadoes since the Great Depression, and a "successful" mission to track down Osama bin Laden. 

1)  In talking about the last event, I am not one who usually is a proponent of violence, but I appreciate when a perpetuator of hate is brought to justice.  Was this the kind of justice I would have liked?  Of course not, I would have preferred a fair trial, etc.  But perhaps that would be asking for too much given all that might be at stake.  I will likely not write anymore about this in my blog.  However, if you would like two interesting faith based responses, you might check out the following:

A.  Celebrating a death?
B.  Hate Osama, but do not rejoice in his death.
C.  Praying and a Range of Responses
D.  A Lutheran Response

2) Friday's worldwide phenomenon of being glued in to all things Royal in England, even earned one of Allison's and my bridesmaid's a spot on the news.  Our bridesmaid Cori Jo, is currently serving in the PeaceCorps in Micronesia.  Their story as it appeared on CNN can be found here.

3) Finally, for our weekly sports story, the Mariners have started to figure out what "winning means."  A big part of that success comes from their rookie pitcher, Michael Pineda.  Jim Caple offers an interesting look at him. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment