Monday, May 30, 2011

Lute Legacy

I was blessed and priviledged to be present for the 2011 Pacific Lutheran University Commencement festivities over the weekend.  You can watch it here.  My brother Thomas graduated, earning his BA in Economics and Global Studies, with minors in Political Science and Religion.  He is one well learned, and traveled global citizen, leader, and advocate who really understands what it means to live a life of thoughtful inquiry, service, and care; as well as to live in a sense of vocation, neighbor love, and on behalf of the other with true empathetic understanding.  I am so proud of him! 

It got me to wonder... so how many Lutes are there in our family?

Family Who Have Graduated from PLU
1. Dave Siburg (my dad)
2. Tricia Siburg (my mom)
3. Jeff Tengesdal (my uncle)
4. Mark Tengesdal (my uncle)
5. Mark Siburg (my uncle)
6. Suzy Siburg (my aunt)
7. Paul Jackson (my uncle)
8. Timothy Siburg
9. Allison Siburg (my wife)
10. Thomas Siburg (my brother)

"Family" Who Have Graduated from PLU
11. Margo Holm (earned her masters); basically my mom's adopted sister
12. Jenna Grubbs (my aunt's niece; kind of a cousin-in-law)
13. Joanne Erickson (my "second mother" growing up)
14. Elise Erickson (my "older sister" growing up)
15. Svea Erickson (my "older sister" growing up)

Family Who are Currently Attending PLU
16. Tamara Siburg (my sister)
17. Erin Parks (Allison's and my cousin)

Family Who Have Attended PLU (or its earlier name, of Pacific Lutheran College)
18. Bob Siburg (my grandpa)
19. Pat Jackson (my aunt)
20. Danny Tengesdal (my uncle)

Even if you cut-out the "Family" section, that still leaves 15 direct family members who have attended or are currently attending PLU.  Wow!  No wonder that we feel a special connection with this place. 

Anyway... Attaway Thomas!!  Attaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment