Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This Week's Links

As has become standard procedure here, I will offer a few links to things that I have found particuarly interesting or thought-provoking in the past week.

1. I must admit, I am not too proud of a few of my fellow Northwesterners, who have taken "political correctness" to the extreme.  To call "Easter Eggs," SPRING SPHERES seems to not only be ludicrous, it also seems to possibly set up young students for failure in geometry.  Plus, Easter Eggs really are not religious, but perhaps this is beside the point? 

2. Bishop Mark Hanson has made my links two weeks in a row, this has to be an unusal achievement.  I really appreciate the thoughts he provides linking the hope of Easter with the hope of finding life in the aftermath of destruction, such as the earthquake in Haiti.  It is a good hope filled Easter reflection, with a call to respond.

3. My alma mater, PLU, recently had an important dedication on a small but meaningful project with its mission to be sustainable and a place of good environmental stewardship.

4. And on a final note, also in the PLU sphere, I really wish that I was going to be home in time to join my Lute friends and family in hearing the great Desmond Tutu in Tacoma on May 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment