Saturday, April 9, 2011

An Opportunity for MA Students

As per the announcement sent out this past week via Luther Seminary e-mail: 

Curious about professional career options, job opportunities, or what fields best suit your degree?
Join Prof. Gary Simpson, Mark Peterson, Executive Director of Luther Social Services, and Marilu Thomas, Executive Director of Redeemer Center for Life, on Tuesday, April 12th as they discuss "How To Apply Your Degree"!  They will share personal experiences, professional knowledge, and practical guidance to help with your vocational discernment.

So bring your questions and appetites!
We will gather from 11:30 to 12:30 in Stub Lounge and LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED

I must say, that I am very excited for this conversation and will be going.  I had to provide this update to show that some of my concerns which I have expressed previously are being heard and met.  To that end, I was even included in some of the preliminary conversations regarding the potential for this meeting opportunity to occur.  For any of you who have interests in working in the non-profit/NGO sector, this hour on Tuesday will be a true blessing and I hope you can make it and be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment