Saturday, February 12, 2011

Leadership Training

It's quite an honor to be asked to help "lead" leadership training. The congregation (Cross of Hope Lutheran) where I am working as Music Ministry Coordinator currently has asked me to help lead them this morning in a conversation and process of visioning, goal discussing, and strategic planning. Basically, when they hired me they were thrilled with my MA in Management and wanted to take full advantage of it. And frankly, it has been a lot of fun to get to use these skills to help shape my leading of today's conversation. I have ideas where it may lead, but I also know to expect the unexpected.

We'll see what we come up with. The church is interesting as it is a mix of a rural and suburban congregation in Ramsey, MN. They are caught in kind of wanting to maintain their small (rural) family feel, but they also want the programs and ministries of a large suburban church. It makes for quite the interesting dynamics.

http://www.crossofhope.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment