Thursday, February 17, 2011

Choir Rehearsal

It's just about time to start my first choir rehearsal of 2011, and I am experiencing a mix of feelings and thoughts. Will people come? What should I expect? Will the pieces that I pulled for possible anthems now through Easter work with the people that come and sing? The list of questions could go on.

In a number of church settings I would feel comfortable helping with directing or even directing. But this church is a bit of an experiment still. They have not had a full-time adult choir in years here. However, enough people have approached me as the Music Ministry Coordinator with an interest. I figured I would give it a go last fall, and it worked out prepping and preparing for a "Christmas Choir" which led worship and offered anthems for Christmas Eve. I wasn't sure though that there would be the interest or "buy-in" for a long-term ensemble. Well, enough people asked, and here we are.

Thursday night at Cross of Hope, getting ready for a choir rehearsal and having no idea what or who to expect. This should be fun! If nothing else, its a good experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment