Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday's Links

I have decided to try out some thing some of my favorite blogs do often.  They simply provide a basic synopsis of interesting news and events.

Mine will not be nearly as lengthy, but hopefully interesting.

First, Allison and I had the priviledge to attend a panel discussion with some of the authors of Transformative Lutheran Theology.  The panel was held at St. Olaf yesterday evening, and featured the amazing theologians Marit Trelstad (one of our absolute favorite professors at PLU), as well as Deanna Thompson (quickly become a friend and supporter of our's at Hamline), Kris Kvom, and Cynthia Moe-Lobeda.  I think I was most excited to meet Dr. Moe-Lobeda, because I have used her models and ideas in my research for nearly 5 years now.  She has had a profound effect on my own theology and theological viewpoints, and to finally get to converse with her one-on-one was such a blessing.  (It's kind of ironic that I had to wait until she was at a panel in Northfield, MN, though.  I have had conversations with her for years via e-mail, but never the chance to meet her.  Even though she is a professor at Seattle University back in my neck of the woods near home).  Anyway, if you would like to see the panel, St. Olaf provided a video of it.

Second, in the lines of videos, friend and former Lute, as well as former Stuenite, Erik Bergs was on the local news here in the Twin Cities yesterday.  Erik is currently teaching in Japan, and was interviewed about his experiences since late last week.

Finally, what would links be without some sports news. Geoff Baker has this interesting story on Mariner's phenom prospect Michael Pineda, and his chances of making the rotation.  And, "Fangs Bites," provides a good primer for the broadcast teams for the first rounds of March Madness starting this week (today in fact).  Also, GO SOUNDERS!  They start the 2011 MLS Season tonight on ESPN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment