Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This Week's Links

This is the second edition of some links to enjoy around the web.  I think I am extra excited this week.  Maybe its the sun outside?  Maybe its the start of the baseball season tomorrow (a sign that Minnesota Winter has to be on its last legs, I hope)?  And maybe it has to do with the fact that my brother is coming to visit for a week on Friday!!

Anyway, outside of this, there are some interesting things out on the Web this week:

1) My advisor at Luther Seminary, Dr. Matt Skinner, is now a contributor to the religion section on Huffington Post.  He provides an entry about once every three weeks, and his latest issue came out on the topic of the apocalypse.  It's a fun and interesting read.

2) With it being the start of the baseball season, hope springs eternal.  But as a Mariners fan, there is a great sense of sadness for us all.  We are entering our first year without the voice of the Mariners, Mr. Dave Niehaus.  It will be different, that's for sure.  There will no longer be the man saying "Get Out the Rye Bread and Mustard Grandma, it's Grand Salami Time,"  or "My Oh My," etc.  A nice blog entry appeared today on ESPN.com from Duff McKagan, which I highly recommend.

3) My friend (and one of Allison's and my groomsmen) from PLU, Tim Chalberg, had the distinct honor of having his baseball blog be connected to by a national sports blog this past week from NBCSports.  Congrats Tim!  (If you are a baseball fan, I highly recommend checking these out)

We'll end it there for today.  Time to go out and enjoy the sun!

And- playball!  [The Mariners open the season on Friday in Oakland; and the Twins begin on Friday in Toronto]

No comments:

Post a Comment